Covid 19 information
The wellbeing and safety of our guests and staff is our utmost priority and we want to provide you with an update on what we are doing in response to COVID-19.
As New Zealand responds to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are committed to providing you with a memorable and safe stay at the Nightsky Cottage.
Hygiene and safety measures:
· Contactless check in and check out is available. We will greet you personally and the entry keylock has been sanitised prior to your arrival. The checkout process just requires you to text us to say you have vacated the cottage.
· Payment is processed through our reservation system automatically, 72 hours prior to your arrival unless you have paid us by direct credit.
· To meet the Government requirements for contact tracing, we will verbally reconfirm with you that we have the correct email address and contact phone number when you check in. We also ask you to scan the QR code using the Government Covid-19 Tracer App.
· When physical distancing is required, don't be offended if we don't shake your hand and that we keep our distance during the check in process and any other interaction with you during your stay.
· Our normal cleaning routine is already of the highest standard and we continue to deliver those high standards.
In consideration of other guests and your hosts, you are unable to stay with us
· If you have been in close contact with a confirmed Covid-19 case or that contact is awaiting a Covid-19 test
· If you have a cold or flu like symptoms, such as fever, coughing or sneezing, difficulty breathing, sore throat and fatigue.
· If you are developing any of the above symptoms during your stay with us, please inform your hosts and contact Healthline immediately by phoning 0800 358 5453
In light of Covid-19 pandemic and its implications on travel we have revised our cancellation policy as below to accommodate any cancellations or changes to travel plans.
· When you have booked directly on our website the booking is fully refundable up to 24 hours prior to check in should you have to cancel for any reason.
· If you need to cancel within 24 hours of check in, a one night's cancellation fee applies. However, this can be used as a credit for a new booking within 12 months of the original date of arrival.
· When you have booked through any other booking platform like Booking.com, Expedia or travel agent the cancellation policy of that booking platform will apply. Please check the cancellation policy carefully when booking on any other platform.
· If you need to cancel due to a change in Alert Levels and you are therefore unable to travel due to travel restrictions set by the Government, no cancellations fees will apply by us but fees might still be applicable if you booked through another booking platform.